from the blues to the news …
And the roller coaster continues. … Ok, after thinking about it really hard, I’ve come to the conclusion that 57min was a PB and a great time. And it was a learning experience! For the first race of the season I learned a lot. I learned that:
1. Need better earbuds
2. To go at MY OWN pace and not at the crowds
3. Carry water when in doubt
4. Tape up my toe before
5. HAVE FUN!!!
57:00.2 – Personal Best 10K – FOR NOW
1. I was in the top 15% of my age group (which now is sadly 35-39) in the 10K
2. I was in the top 14% of all women who competed in the 10K
3. I was in the top 25% of ALL persons who completed the 10K
So a learning experience it was. And now that I see all this in writing – a pretty nice way to learn
… bye bye Blues … hello News!
Yesterday I was given the opportunity to appear on CTV News at Noon to promote fitness. I was given this chance because I entered the Transformation Contest. It was pretty scary at first! But Leanne, Tony, Katia, and Jackie were so friendly! I ended up having a blast!!!
CTV News at Noon (follow link - Leanne and fitness expert Tony Greco share success stories.)
The kids thought it was cool that I was on TV. Although Hannah asked why I was wearing make up … Kids!
Well, aside from my ‘race to stardom’ … everything else is going awesome! I’m making headway on …
1. Created the new website for the KES Council
2. Finished the Staff Appreciation Luncheon – Success!
3. Still chugging away at the KES BBQ end of the year planning
4. Still chugging away at the Relay for Life West CCF planning
5. Managing the Rugby Team
6. Helping out with a few other websites …
So I’m busy but barely keeping up! I wouldn’t have it any other way
The kids are being ridiculously awesome (as usual – ahahahha)! They loved my medal – and thought my bib was cool! Next week – parent/teacher interview at Oxford … stay tuned!
Off to get some seeze … I hear the Spartan is tough